- Earthquake drill at 10:15am (slightly distracting, but out of their control-- I understand)
- A lot of sessions held in a one big open space separated by cloth dividers. Too noisy!
- Microphone problems-- couldn't hear some sessions at all!
- Power outages-- no presentation slides or projectors!
- Cancelations and running behind time (somewhat normal, but there seemed to be quite a few).
Anyway, it was still enjoyable and I shouldn't complain since it was free for me.
One more complaint in general, here was one session I ended up not enjoying where the speaker was more interested in promoting his own product than talking about technology or problem solving. I just do not like sitting through some kind of product advertisement for an hour.
The interesting thing I walked away with was how many new products/services Adobe was coming out with for not just designers, but also developers. Check out html.adobe.com to see all these brand new stuff. They are definitely pushing the Creative Cloud. Something I'll have to keep my eye on since I use Photoshop and Lightroom pretty heavily these days.
Prashant Sridharan (from Facebook) presenting on Native iOS Development.
Cross-platform MObile HTML5 Apps by Max Katz
SASS/LESS by Jake Johnson
Windows 8 Tablet by Daniel Egan
Backbone with mobile backend by Sid Maestre
Fund Your Start-up by Glang Biscan